Synthesise the principles of coaching with the newly emerging neurosciences
Dr. Paul Brown’s Science of the Art of Coaching provides you with an opportunity to safely and systematically start to incorporate knowledge about the workings of the brain to inform and underpin your coaching practice
BRAIN BASED COACHING
In this unique and fascinating 10-month programme, Dr. Paul Brown invites us to explore:
- How the brain works
- How energy is created and directed
- The emotional bases of motivation
- How to manage the interpersonal neurobiology of the coaching encounter in pursuit of coaching goals
- The neurobiological bases of stress and how stress can be managed epigenetically through perceptual shifts and awareness
The SAC is grounded in empirical science and has at its core the practical application of Neurobehavioural Modelling (NBM) as a way of systematically using knowledge about the brain in a coaching context. Neurobehavioural Modelling (NBM) has been described by Professor P T Brown and Virginia Brown in Neuropsychology for Coaches (McGraw-Hill / Open University Press, 2012).
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- To gain a working understanding of the brain and how it controls behaviour through its cognitive and emotional mechanisms
- To apply this in the context of executive coaching & leadership development by expanding the repertoire of your available skills and knowledge. Specifically:
- The brain and how (we think) it works
- The mind and how it (probably) works
- Emotion as the mainspring of all action
- A simple introduction to neurochemistry
- Regulation and the development of the Self
- Attachment theory
- Life patterns that resonate through the executive life
- Dealing with stress and personal distress
- Using knowledge about the brain within the framework of Neurobehavioural Modelling (NBM)
- Understanding how to enquire into the biographical basis of current life behaviour and being able to work out how patterns formed from earlier experience go on resonating in adult life at work
- Beginning to understand the brain as both the organ of relationship and as the central controller of the way energy is applied to everything
The Science of the Art of Coaching is avowedly a teaching programme, not a training programme, in that it is designed to increase knowledge and the creative application of that knowledge rather than simply train technique. There are nevertheless occasions when technique – such as biographical enquiry – is an active part of the development of the use of the knowledge.
THE BEHIND THE SAC PROGRAMME | DR. PAUL BROWN
Faculty Professor, Organisational Neuroscience, Monarch Business School Switzerland; External Advisor, International Energy & Research Centre, the Tyndall National Institute, University of Cork and International Chairman of the Vietnam Consulting Group, Ho Chi Minh city.
A Clinical and Organisational Psychologist and Executive Coach and Supervisor, Paul’s main focus is in creating a General Theory of the Individual and the Organisation based upon mapping how energy flows or gets blocked in the pursuit of profit or other outcomes within the organisational system.
He has recently co-authored several books that provide insights from neuroscience for organisations:
- The Fear-Free Organisation (2015) Kogan Page http://thefearfreeorganization.com/
- Neuroscience for Leadership: harnessing the brain gain advantage (2015) Palgrave Macmillan
- Neuropsychology for Coaches: understanding the basics(2012) McGraw-Hill/Open University Press http://www.neuropsychologyforcoaches.com/
Paul lives in Vietnam and consults and teaches in S E Asia, Europe and America. He has created and teaches a world-first distance-learning Masters program in Applied Neuroscience in Organisations.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
The Science of the Art of Coaching was originally designed for experienced Coaches. However, previous cohorts have included a variety of professionals interested in acquiring foundational knowledge about the brain to incorporate into coaching and/or organisational development initiatives.
- Aspirational Coaches
- Human Resource and Talent Leaders
- OD and Learning & Development Professional
- Business Leaders or CEOs
- Talent & leadership development experts and senior HR and business leaders
FACE-TO-FACE TEACHING DATES | THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS
- Module One: 24 & 25 May 2018
- Module Two: 23 & 24 August 2018
- Module Three: 27 & 28 September 2018
- Module Four: 8 & 9 November 2018
SAC PROGRAMME OUTLINE
AWARD & CONTINUOUS EDUCATION POINTS
Endorsed by the Association for Coaching and Certificates with 78 CPD points are awarded on successful completion
In 2017 approved as an ICF Coach Continuous Education activity with:
- 41.5 Core Competency
- 27.75 Resource Development
Renewal currently being sought for 2018/2019
WHAT PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT THE SAC PROGRAMME
Dr. Louise Kovacs, Managing Director, Madston Black
Saba Hasanie Managing Director, Oasis Strategy Consulting
Dr. Paul Brown’s SAC program is by far the richest, most informative coaching related program I have attended in my professional career. Developed with the most advanced research on neurosciences and facilitated by one of the most brilliant minds in psychotherapy and coaching today. The insights gained on this program have not only made me a more effective coach, but have fundamentally changed my perspectives on human behaviour. A must attend for any professional wanting to better understand how applied neurosciences are changing the way we deal with both people and organizations.
Imogen Maresch, Founder of Presence of Mind Pte Ltd
The Science of the Art of Coaching programme has proven to be one of the most important interventions of my career. Dr. Paul Brown’s expertise in the field provides a depth of content and reflection that is supported by strong scientific rigour. The models learnt through the course have become a staple part of my coaching approach (and have helped in other settings too!). In particular, the programme has provided me with a sound understanding of how the brain works and, specifically, how to use this knowledge to support leaders in accessing, understanding and leveraging their experiences to create flow at work.
FEES | SGD
The programme fee is $6,980.00 per participant including four blocks of face-to-face teaching dates, monthly webinars, and all materials.
- Early Bird: $6,780.00 (Until the 12th of April 2018)
- Group Rates: $6,480.00 (Three or more participants from one organisation who register and pay together)
ICF and Association for Coaching Members receive 10% off fees
TO LEARN MORE
Please contact Karen Gotthelf at firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 9474-7581
To register and reserve a place please complete the registration form and scan to email@example.com with a request for invoice
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR HONG KONG GROUP’S FIRST BLOCK OF 2-DAY FACE-TO-FACE TEACHING DAYS (OCTOBER 2017)