We are excited to announce that Dr. Paul Brown from the Monarch Business School in Switzerland will be in Kuala Lumpur to deliver a 2-day workshop ‘Professional Foundations in Applied Neuroscience for Coaching and Leadership’ on the 7th and 8th of August 2019.
How do we turn the current understanding about how the brain works into really useful knowledge in a coaching and wider organisational context?
If human beings are primarily physical rather than psychological systems, then – like the rest of the whole universe – each is a demonstration of energy. This means that as Executive Coaches, our tasks is to understand the sources of energy within the individual that can be directed towards achieving personal coaching goals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this two day SAC Professional Foundations workshop, Dr. Paul Brown invites participants to deepen their practical understanding how the brain works and what the implications of that are in a coaching context for individual development, leadership, and organisational behaviour in general.
Participants will walk away with:
|A working understanding of the brain and how it controls behaviour through the regulation and integration of its cognitive and emotional mechanisms.|
|An appreciation of what this knowledge means in an executive coaching context for individual and leadership development, and organisational behaviour in general.|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Executive Coaches or other Business Professionals (e.g. HR and Talent Leaders, Learning and Development Professionals etc) who aspire to deepen their practical understanding of how the brain impacts coaching and leadership development processes.
DAY ONE | How the brain works, how (we think) the mind works, and how the basic emotions create feelings and are the key drivers of the self-regulating systems we call people.
The Brain and How It Works
- Structure and function
- Triune brain
Emotion – the Mainstream of All Action
For participants to learn about the emotional system of the brain and from there to be able to approach and develop coaching sessions based on this understanding of the emotional system, the way feelings are generated, and the bases of personal motivation (planning and intervening).
- Emotions, feelings, moods and states
- E-Motion as the driver of action
Day Two | The nature of attachment, the impact of attachment on the brain and the key role of relationships. An introduction to Dr. Brown’s model for biographical enquiry.
- Attachment Theory – the way early life relationship experience resonates throughout the whole of life in every kind of relationship.
- Understanding your coaching client. An introduction to Biographical Enquiry – The HASIE Model.
- Experiential coaching practice using the HASIE Model – demonstration exercise/debrief & composite coaching/debrief.
- Epigenetics and Polyvagal Theory wrap up and questions.
THE BEHIND THE SAC PROGRAMME | Prof. Dr. PAUL BROWN
Faculty Professor, Organisational Neuroscience, Monarch Business School Switzerland; External Advisor, International Energy & Research Centre, the Tyndall National Institute, University of Cork and International Chairman of the Vietnam Consulting Group, Ho Chi Minh city.
A Clinical and Organisational Psychologist and Executive Coach and Supervisor, Paul’s main focus is in creating a General Theory of the Individual and the Organisation based upon mapping how energy flows or gets blocked in the pursuit of profit or other outcomes within the organisational system.
He has recently co-authored several books that provide insights from neuroscience for organisations:
- The Fear-Free Organisation (2015) Kogan Page http://thefearfreeorganization.com/
- Neuroscience for Leadership: harnessing the brain gain advantage (2015) Palgrave Macmillan
- Neuropsychology for Coaches: understanding the basics(2012) McGraw-Hill/Open University Press http://www.neuropsychologyforcoaches.com/
- A book appearing later this year, All the Brains in the Business, explores why it is that now women are in tne E-suite in their own right organisations still require them to be the best men they can; and what the great and added value of releasing feminine energy into the organisation would be.
Paul lives in Laos and consults and teaches in SE Asia, Europe and America. As a development of the full SAC programme, he has created a world-first, distance-learning Masters program in Applied Neuroscience in Organisations.
Certificate of Attendance – Professional Foundations in Applied Neuroscience for Coaching and Leadership
For ICF Members this workshop will be accredited for ICF CCE units – application in progress.
**Please note that this 2-day SAC Professional Foundations workshop does not equip participants to claim expertise in practice as a coach whose professional working knowledge includes a brain-based perspective. It is an introduction to the beginnings of what might be a process of continuing professional development.
FEES | RM
The programme fee is RM 5,900.00 including:
- Two face-to-face teaching dates
- Materials in e-format including slide pack and some handouts
- Refreshments and lunch which will be provided
** Early Bird: RM 4,800.00 (For registrations and payments received prior to the 15th of June 2019)
ICF Members receive 10% off fees
Formal registration for SAC (Professional Foundations) will commence 18th of May 2019.
Thank-you for patience.
Please contact Karen Gotthelf at firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 9474-7581.
Online bookings are available:BOOK ONLINE