Karen oversees the design and delivery of educational programmes and psychological services. As a Registered Psychologist, Karen has worked across various corporate and medical settings in Australia and Hong Kong. She brings specialist interests in the psychology of work, mental health, individual difference and career transition.
Karen commenced her career in professional services consulting and brings expertise across business development, client relationship management as well as project management and delivery of various selection, leadership development and talent management programs across SMEs, National and Multinational organisations. She has delivered a range of services and solutions to commercial, not for profit, healthcare and government sectors.
As a practitioner and accredited coach, Karen has worked with clients referred from medical and support centres, private practice and EAP settings across Melbourne and Hong Kong. She provides counselling and coaching support to individuals aspiring enhance self-care, quality of relationships, confidence, work performance or identify a new and meaningful direction.
Karen’s distinctiveness centres on her natural ability to rapidly establish rapport and trust with a diversity of people. She consulted with clients from a cross-section of cultures, demographic and socioeconomic groups including business owners, graduates, emerging leaders, managers, VPs and C-level executives, long-term unemployed, and return to work mothers.
Karen’s approach is contextual and person-centric. She adopts a whole-person, brain-based and systemic approach, taking into consideration personal and professional/workplace goals. Karen draws upon cognitive behavioural models, developmental psychology, mindfulness-based approaches (e.g ACT) and applied neuroscience to help leverage human potential.
Karen compliments 12 years of anecdotal experience supporting professional and executives who have experienced job loss, redundancy or are in the midst of career transition, with research interests and in-depth knowledge of the psychological consequences of unemployment. Her expertise at the nexus of the recruitment, organisational consulting and coaching professions, provides a strong profile to effectively partner with clients seeking support to identify a new career or business opportunities.
Technical areas of expertise include:
|Psychometric appraisal / expert opinion|
|Behavioural observation & assessment|
|Recruitment & selection strategy|
|Competency framework design|
|Design of selection assessment methodology and development centres|
|Career transition coaching and support|
|Leadership and team reviews|
|Survey Design – employee engagement/culture|
|Design of training programmes (e.g EI in the workplace, Personality at work etc)|
|Tenders and Proposal Writing|
- Masters in Organisational Psychology – Monash University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology – Deakin University
- Bachelor of Science – Monash University. Majors Psychology & Human Physiology/Neurophysiology
- Registered Psychologist – National Australian Health Regulation Board (APHRA)
- Member of the Australia Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Associate Fellow of the Hong Kong Psychological Society (HKPS)
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the Chinese Association of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CACBT)
- Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF). Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Cairnmillar Institute Melbourne – Certificate in Marriage and Relationship Counselling
- Cairnmillar Institute Melbourne – Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced Counselling Certificates
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Australia (CBT Australia) – Introductory and Advanced Certificates in CBT
- ACT Mindfully – Certificate in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Intensive Workshop in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – Steven Hayes
- Affective Regulation Therapy – ART
- Schematic Therapy – Introductory Certificate
- Transactional Analysis (TA101 & TA202) – Australian Centre of Integrative Studies
- Advanced Certificate in Professional Coaching – Transcend International Academy Hong Kong
- Practice Certificate in Sleep Psychology – Introductory. Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Accredited in the Global Leadership Wellbeing Survey (GLWS)
- Completed Dr. Paul Brown’s Science of the Art of Coaching, Applied Neuroscience for Coaches. Certificate in Neurobehavioural Modelling
EXPERT ADVISOR – PSYCHOMETRICS
Karen is accredited and highly experienced across numerous psychometric appraisal tools that can be used to measure or assess personality and workplace preferences, critical reasoning, emotional intelligence, selling style, career interest, and team/leadership style.
She has applied psychometrics to assist and inform decisions for a variety of graduate, specialist, management and the executive selection and developmental interventions as well as career guidance and personal development.
Karen recommends the use of psychometric measures or self-assessments as an additional source of data to enhance human resource and coaching processes. In particular, to increase clients’ awareness with regards to how their personality, temperament, and patterns of behaviours can affect leadership, relationships, and performance.