Deepen your knowledge from applied neuroscience to enhance coaching and leadership outcomes.
Due to popular demand, Dr. Paul Brown returns to Hong Kong, to commence the next intake of the ‘Science of the Art of Coaching’ (SAC) on the 22nd of November.
The SAC is a 9-month blended learning programme originally designed for experienced Executive Coaches in the UK interested in deepening their knowledge of applied neuroscience. The SAC has since been offered four times in London, twice in Ireland, three times in Singapore and this will be the second cohort to participate in Hong Kong.
BRAIN BASED COACHING | WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Over 9-months, Dr. Paul Brown equips participants with:
- A working knowledge about the brain and how it controls behaviour through the regulation and integration of its cognitive and emotional mechanisms.
- Application of that knowledge in the context of executive coaching and in the development of the Coach’s repertoire of available skills and knowledge.
- Understanding how to enquire into the biographical bases of current life behaviour and being able to work out how patterns formed from earlier experience go on resonating throughout adult life, and especially at work.
- Beginning to understand the brain as both the organ of relationship and as the central controller of the way energy is applied to everything in life, including but not limited to executive performance.
Front loaded with knowledge about the brain, the Science of the Art of Coaching rapidly becomes experiential and ends with tackling some of the more difficult stress-related circumstances of the senior executive life
The Science of the Art of Coaching is avowedly a teaching programme, not a training programme, in that it is designed to increase knowledge and the creative application of that knowledge rather than simply train technique. There are nevertheless occasions when technique – such as biographical enquiry – is an active part of the development of the use of the knowledge.
THE BEHIND THE SAC PROGRAMME | DR. PAUL BROWN
Faculty Professor, Organisational Neuroscience, Monarch Business School Switzerland; External Advisor, International Energy & Research Centre, the Tyndall National Institute, University of Cork and International Chairman of the Vietnam Consulting Group, Ho Chi Minh city.
A Clinical and Organisational Psychologist and Executive Coach and Supervisor, Paul’s main focus is in creating a General Theory of the Individual and the Organisation based upon mapping how energy flows or gets blocked in the pursuit of profit or other outcomes within the organisational system.
He has recently co-authored several books that provide insights from neuroscience for organisations:
- The Fear-Free Organisation (2015) Kogan Page http://thefearfreeorganization.com/
- Neuroscience for Leadership: harnessing the brain gain advantage (2015) Palgrave Macmillan
- Neuropsychology for Coaches: understanding the basics(2012) McGraw-Hill/Open University Press http://www.neuropsychologyforcoaches.com/
Paul lives in Vietnam and consults and teaches in S E Asia, Europe and America. He has created and teaches a world-first distance-learning Masters program in Applied Neuroscience in Organisations.
|Four blocks of 2-day face-to-face teaching events facilitated by Dr. Paul Brown, a world leader in developing the use of applied neuroscience in organisations.||Consolidate learnings with monthly webinars using case material for discussion from a brain-based point of view.||Brings knowledge to life with ample opportunity for practice, debriefs and group supervision.||Smaller groups with a cross-section of professionals (e.g. Executive Coaches, HR/Talent Leaders and Clinicians), enabling a rich exchange of perspective, collaboration and forming of networks/relationships.|
WHO CAN REGISTER?
The Science of the Art of Coaching was originally designed for experienced Coaches. However, previous cohorts have included a variety of professionals interested in acquiring foundational knowledge about the brain to incorporate into coaching and/or organisational development initiatives.
- Aspirational Coaches
- Human Resource and Talent Leaders
- OD and Learning & Development Professional
- Business Leaders or CEOs
- Talent & leadership development experts and senior HR and business leaders.
FACE-TO-FACE TEACHING DATES
- Session One: 22 & 23 November 2018
- Session Two: 21 & 22 March 2019
- Session Three: 30 & 31 May 2019
- Session Four: 12 & 13 September 2019
AWARD & CONTINUOUS EDUCATION POINTS
Endorsed by the Association for Coaching and Certificates with 78 CPD points are awarded on successful completion
ICF Coach Continuous Education activity:
- 41.5 Core Competency
- 25.75 Resource Development
WHAT PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT THE SAC PROGRAMME
“The applied neuroscience for coaching programme was extremely valuable to me as an executive coach. The course has provided me with an understanding of the brain, how early life experiences shape the person as an adult, and how this influences how we lead, influence and relate to others. The programme also provided an understanding of emotions and stress along with the core capabilities for applying the theory to coaching. Overall the course has provided me with a sound grasp of the neuroscience principles on which to base my work with clients.”
Saba Hasanie, Managing Director, Oasis Strategy Consulting
“Dr. Paul Brown’s SAC program is by far the richest, most informative coaching related program I have attended in my professional career. Developed with the most advanced research on neurosciences and facilitated by one of the most brilliant minds in psychotherapy and coaching today. The insights gained on this program have not only made me a more effective coach, but have fundamentally changed my perspectives on human behaviour. A must attend for any professional wanting to better understand how applied neurosciences are changing the way we deal with both people and organizations.”
“The Science of the Art of Coaching programme has proven to be one of the most important interventions of my career. Dr. Paul Brown’s expertise in the field provides a depth of content and reflection that is supported by strong scientific rigour. The models learnt through the course have become a staple part of my coaching approach (and have helped in other settings too!). In particular, the programme has provided me with a sound understanding of how the brain works and, specifically, how to use this knowledge to support leaders in accessing, understanding and leveraging their experiences to create flow at work.”
FEES | HKD
The programme fee is $45,000.00 per participant including four blocks of face-to-face teaching dates, monthly webinars, and all materials.
- Super Early Bird: $40,000.00 (For applications received prior to 31st of August 2018)
- Early Bird: $42,800.00 (For applications received prior to 20th of October 2018)
- Group Rates: $39,000.00 (Three or more participants who register and pay together)
- Corporate Group Rates (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing)
**Overseas concessional rates available
ICF and Association for Coaching Members receive 10% off fees
TO LEARN MORE
Please contact Karen Gotthelf at email@example.com or +852 9474-7581
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR MOST RECENT HONG KONG PROGRAMME – Oct 2017 to June 2018